How to apply
We are no longer accepting applications for enrollment in 2019. Please check back in December, 2019 for information about applying for admission in 2020.
In order to apply, you will need the following materials:
- A cover letter describing your academic background and interests. Applicants should also indicate whether they have applied for, or secured, external funding.
- A brief CV.
- An expose of the proposed dissertation project, including an initial bibliography (ca. 4-6 pages).
- A writing sample of at least 3,000 words. The writing sample need not be on the topic of the proposed dissertation.
- Copies (unofficial) of academic transcripts from university study.
- At least two confidential letters of recommendation addressing, in detail, your qualifications for doctoral research. These should be sent directly from the referees or from a letter service.
All materials should be sent by email to email@example.com or by post to:
Munich School of Ancient Philosophy
LMU Fakultät für Philosophie - Lehrstuhl III
Please contact us with any questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org.